Friday, September 03, 2004

From Emily ( We welcome you )

Hey there CVO! Dunno if you even know me really, but yes, I do lurk around on your blog occasionally. Creepy, eh? Anyway, I have a very good and bicycley story that you and your little buddies might enjoy. . . I was riding home from Scheels tonight. . . .North on 27th Street near Van Dorn, riding along on the sidewalk, highly visible with my blinkey lights, etc. So, naturally, along came a car full of hooligans. Front Passenger Hooligan sticks his head out the car window and yells at me to "Buy a fucking car!" Gleefully, and in support of his friend's gesture, Driver Hooligan cranes his neck around to laugh at me. But what Driver Hooligan doesn't know is that while craning his neck, he will suddenly veer into oncoming traffic and side-swipe an oncoming car. And you thought there was no such thing as karma, eh! For your peace of mind, you should know that no one was hurt and that everyone had insurance for their precious deathomobiles. You should also know that I made sure to stick around to tell the cop who was at fault. Ride on,
Emily


5 Comments:

Blogger some cyclist in nebraska said...

Man, it is so nice having random people find the blog and send stuff in to post. Thanks Emily.

Please don't get bummed at anything we post here. It's a cool "safe for work" blog
and the more people who contribute
the more addictive it gets.

please send in stuff. and be descriptive in your e-mail subject lines. if it's purdy random I'll just delete it due to viruses and stuff, but if you make it specific, I'll deffinatly cut and paste it up. And if you hang out enough, I'll send you the log in and password for posting. We just gotta keep the numbers of normal people down who have the password, and get it out to the crazy's a little more.

sorry wonder,
I'll e-mail it to you soon, maybe after this beer.
ok, maybe tomorow when my wallet is within reaching distance.

September 3, 2004 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger mg said...

that's super sweet emily! you're right about the instant karma thing. did you talk to the jackasses in the car while waiting for the cops? if so, i imagine that was an interesting conversation... fill us in on the details!

i'm just glad you weren't hurt...

cheers,
gersib

September 3, 2004 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger some cyclist in nebraska said...

are we talking humphrey here?
-mw

September 3, 2004 at 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, who you callin little?
skinny yes,
but little,
only in the pants.

September 4, 2004 at 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Emily, I know what you mean. It's always takes a car full of dudes before they get brave enough to yell stupid stuff at bikers. The other night some random dudes yell, "Get a car, pussy" I had just rode about 25 miles and wasn't in a good mood so I decided to go explain to them my point of view. Funny, they sure floored it as I did a U-turn and started haulin ass after them. I know, I know, not a good idea, but no probs.
-sockrider

September 5, 2004 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home